|Discuss Trading Narrow Range Bars - Tools and Tactics for the Master Day Trader at the Advanced Trading Strategies within the Traderji.com - Discussion forum for Stocks Commodities & Forex; Trading Narrow Range Bars (NRB) - Oliver Velez --------------------------------------------- Definition : ---------- A narrow range ...|
|Advanced Trading Strategies Discuss Advanced Trading Systems & Strategies.|
Trading Narrow Range Bars - Tools and Tactics for the Master Day Trader
Trading Narrow Range Bars (NRB) - Oliver Velez
A narrow range bar is defined as a bar with a smaller than normal range between the high and the low. The appearance of an NRB indicates that a dramatic decrease in volatility has occurred, and strong moves tend to emerge from these periods of low volatility.
• The presence of an NRB signifies that buyers and sellers are near equal in power.
• An NRB is only significant when it occurs after several normal to wide range bars.
• An NRB offers the master trader one of the clearest possible signs that a strong turn is close at hand.
• A turn (rebound or decline) after an NRB will tend to be more potent and reliable than a turn from a more normal size bar.
• When an NRB occurs after a several bar decline, the master trader looks for the stock to turn to the upside.
• When an NRB occurs after a several bar advance, the master trader looks for the stock to turn to the downside.
How to play the NRB :
• The master trader looks to buy above the high of an NRB after a several bar drop.
• The master trader looks to sell below the low of an NRB after a several bar advance.
• The aggressive master trader often buys on an NRB following a several bar decline, if the closing is above the open.
• The aggressive master trader often sells short on NRB following a several bar advance, if it is closing below the open.
|Similar Threads for: Trading Narrow Range Bars - Tools and Tactics for the Master Day Trader|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Master Day/Swing Trader Tools & Tactics 1 - Oliver Velez||Reggie||Words of Wisdom||0||29th October 2012 09:38 PM|
|Range Bars for MT4`||asitprasenjit||MetaTrader||2||29th October 2010 06:13 PM|
|AFL to explore scrips trading in a narrow range||pennywize||AmiBroker||4||2nd July 2010 12:06 AM|
|Narrow Range Day||tradertom||MetaStock||0||21st May 2010 11:48 PM|
|Sterlite: Narrow range||sdalal||Swing Trading||0||17th April 2010 10:21 PM|
Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure
• By visiting Traderji.com you automatically indicate that you agree to our Forum Rules, Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice and General Content Disclaimer Notice and indemnify Traderji.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum/site.
• Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. You are recommended to make appropriate enquiries and seek appropriate advise before sending money, incurring any expenses, acting on recommendations or entering into any commitment in relation to any advertisement published here. Traderji.com does not vouch for any claims made by the advertisers of products and services. Traderji.com will not be held liable for any consequences in the event such claims are not honoured by the advertisers. Traderji.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of any information by anybody mentioned anywhere on this site.
• Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
• All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
General Content Disclaimer Notice:
In light of our policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information originating from many sources, Traderji.com cannot determine the accuracy or legality of any information that may be uploaded to the forum. Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. You are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions. Since Traderji.com is an open and free discussion forum, any comments made by members of this forum in their posts reflect their own views and not of the owner or administrator of Traderji.com. Thus the owner/administrator indemnify themselves of all claims whatsoever and will not be liable or responsible for any members comments/views in this forum Traderji.com. Although we constantly delete all irrelevant content and/or SPAM, if you should find any objectionable or offensive posts made by members of this forum which you would like to bring to our notice for removal then please Contact Us.